Search This Blog

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Wristband

So, today my caregiver took me to the mall for a bit of shopping. One thing I really needed was a jumbo rubber wrist band. To move my right arm, I wear a rubber wrist band on it and use my left hand to grab it. Any charity wristbands are too skinny and break easily, so I need a Jumbo one. Dollarama had them last time, with words like "Hope" and "Brave". "Brave" was cut off me by paramedics last year, and "Hope" I've been wearing since then. Through overuse it has stretched and falls off easily. Time for a replacement. So we look in Dollarama, and they have ONE word left in two colours. One word. And it is?

LIVE. 

I laughed my ass off. 

***UPDATE*** 

My awesome caregiver Thalia worked today, bringing a couple new wide rubber wristbands with her, having NO idea I'd bought the "LIVE" ones the day before. She found them over the weekend, and they say "I LOVE CANDY" and sparkle, with words like chocolate, gum and sweet. Much more appropriate! She didn't even need to be asked to switch them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment